Your Favorite CG Song? Freaks And Geeks
The results are in!
With more than 150 votes cast and over 50 songs among your favorites, we’re all finished with our survey of Childish Gambino’s best.
With 21 total votes, Freaks And Geeks takes the cake handily. The fan favorite from EP is much of the reason Gambino became a common name in the hip-hop community, and accounted for half of all votes cast for tracks from EP.
- Not Going Back - 11
- My Shine; Lights Turned On - 4
- Be Alone - 2
Like EP, each of Camp’s tracks received at least one vote, with 48 votes total cast for the album.
- Heartbeat - 10
- Sunrise - 7
- Bonfire - 6
- That Power - 5
- You See Me - 4
- Outside; Fire Fly; All The Shine; L.E.S. - 3
- Backpackers - 2
- Letter Home; Hold You Down; Kids (Keep Up) - 1
Gambino’s first full album, Culdesac, still remains popular. Though the album was self-released two years ago, 31 votes were cast for its tracks. Only four—Hero, You Know Me, I’m Alright, and These Girls—did not receive any votes.
- Do Ya Like - 8
- Got This Money (My personal favorite); So Fly - 5
- I Be On That; Fuck It All - 3
- Put It In My Video - 2
- Difference; Let Me Dope You; Glory; I’m On It; The Last - 1
I Am Just A Rapper I and II together received 11 votes.
- Bitch Look At Me Now (Two Weeks) - 4
- New Prince (Crown On The Ground); For The Fans (Warm Heart Of Africa) - 2
- My Girls (My Girls); I Love Clothes (Deadbeat Summer); Different (Feel It All Around) - 1
Gambino’s earliest attempts, Sick Boi and Poindexter, didn’t fair as well. Only Love Is Crazy from Sick Boi received any votes (two). As for Poindexter, only Sunshine, I’m So Focused, and So Much Better garnered votes (three, two, and one, respectively).
His miscellaneous tracks released over the years are loved by few. Other than Break (seven votes) and Longest Text Message (five), no other randomly released songs received more than two votes.
- The Stand; Untouchable - 2
- The Girl; It’s On; Lust For Life - 1
As for newly released tracks, some have already found a special place in fans’ hearts. Eat Your Vegetables, which debuted the D-Money moniker, was voted upon three times. As well, We Ain’t Them, Black Faces, Unnecessary, and One Up each received a vote.
That about sums it up. Sorry for the length, friends. But the diversity in which you all love Gambino is somewhat astounding. I felt the need to share the results.
R O Y A L T Y 4 J U L Y